The Parchment

The Parchment

November 23, 2010

A Thanksgiving Feast - Kid Style.

It has been years (at least 15) since I attended a Thanksgiving banquet.  But this year, I was fortunate enough to snag an invite to my niece MooMaLa's class celebration.  Yesterday, the Pilgrims (aka K-5) invited the Indians (aka K-4) across the hall for a Thanksgiving Feast. The Pilgrims provided the meal, of course. 

The menu consisted of turkey, mac and cheese, cranberry sauce, warm pasta salad and some other things that were long gone by the time I made it to the table.  But the highlight was the Cinnamon Coffee Cake! YUM. I thought this was dressing when I put it on my plate. (Don't laugh. It looked like dressing.) But when I put it in mouth, the flavor, the consistency... oh, the bliss!

I'm suprised I didn't dream about this last night.  We will definitely be seeing it again over the holidays. 

Happy Tuesday Before Thanksgiving!

Addendum: The Recipe!
Thanks to my dear sister-in-law for sending this over.

Cinnamon Coffee Cake

1 package yellow cake mix
1 package instant vanilla pudding
1 package instant butterscoth pudding
4 eggs
1 cup of water
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon

1)Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 9 by 13 pan
2) Combine cake mix, vanilla pudding,butterscoth pudding, eggs, oil and water. Mix well.
3) In another bowl combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
4) Pour half of batter in the pan. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon mixture. Cover rest with batter. Top with remaining cinnamon and sugar!!
5) Bake 20 minutes at 350°.
6) Reduce temp to 325° and bake 35-40 minutes!!

Enjoy!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers