The Parchment

The Parchment

March 4, 2011

If you could go anywhere, where would you go?

That's a question that I like to ask friends and family on occasion. I've even been known to pose the query to someone I've just met.  It says a lot about the person, I think, when they tell where they would like to go and why.  I know there are many places that I would like to visit. That being the case, choosing the photo for today was a challenge. It's day four: the day to post a photo of a place I'd like to visit.


I would like to go to Alaska...

...because it's somewhere that my grandmother has always wanted to go. She had the opportunity one summer and passed it up. I think it's one of the few trips she regrets missing. I would like for the two of us to take a cruise to Alaska one day.

I would like to go to Hawaii again...

...because my mother would like to go.  My parents lived in California when they were first married. So close, yet so far away because of their newlywed financial status.  I would take her if I could.

I would like to go to the Grand Canyon...

...because I've never seen it and my dad wants to go cross country again. Everyone in the US should see the Grand Canyon at least once, I think.

I would like to go to Australia...

...because that is my brother's dream vacation. Wouldn't it be grand to experience the Great Coral Reefs and the wonders of that land down under?  Of course, he'd probably rather take his family than me. :-)

I would like to go to Disney World soon...

...before my nieces grow up and loose the wonder of fairy tales.  How exciting it is to see places like that through the eyes of children!

I would like to go to Europe...

...anywhere in Europe, because that's always been a dream of mine.  In all of my travels, and I am blessed to have travelled often, I've never gone trans-atlantic.  I would enjoy that someday.

Truly, where would I like to visit? Just about anywhere. 

Throw a dart at a map of the world.  Wherever it lands, that's where I would like to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers