The Parchment

The Parchment

August 31, 2009

A Week of Good Byes

Have you ever really thought about what it means to say "Good Bye?"

The dictionary says that Good Bye is:
1. An acknowledgement at parting.
2. An act of parting or leave-taking.

That pretty well sums up the last week for me.

On Wednesday, I "acknowledged at parting" a friend who was moving back to her home country.

On Friday, I participated in the "act of parting or leave-taking" after four years of working at an awesome company.

Today, I said "Good Bye" to a dear woman of God who passed away over the weekend.

Some good byes are inevitably sad, but some are more along the lines of "see you later."

Christine, I hope to see you later.

MM, I'll see you soon.

Sis. Sylvester, I'll see you again one day.

Good Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers