The Parchment

The Parchment

September 10, 2009

Memories...

In 1924, a ten year old boy could walk the marshes of Charleston and find all kind of treasure. If he happened upon a soft shell crab, it was a treasure indeed. The kind that could be sold to the chef at The Francis Marion Hotel for $.75.

How do I know? My grandfather was one of those young boys. He told me all about the entrepreneurship of his youth a few months ago. It was a good memory for him.

Of course over 96 years, not all of the memories are good. Some were sad, some were repentant, some were blissful.

I am blessed that my memories of my grandparents are all good. I'm sure that my parents, aunts and uncles have a few that they would rather not pull out. Truthfully, there are some I'd rather not hear about.

I've always been an optimistic realist.

Regardless, today I have the privilege of celebrating 96 years of a man's life.

Happy Birthday Grand-Daddy.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
~Romans 8:38-39

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers