The Parchment

The Parchment

September 16, 2009

An Unexpected Conversation

Here I am in my friendly, neighborhood bookstore mega mart. Trying to get out of the house and take advantage of free wi-fi while I do a little work.

It looks as though there are several others doing the same. Laptops, ipods and text books seem to be the order of the day. Who knows? Maybe I sit among industrious college students or those with the freedom to work virtually. Perhaps I sit with the unemployed masses, searching for jobs over the world wide web.

Either way, I was delighted to look up from my screen, take out my earbuds and greet a dear friend.

An hour later, I'm encouraged. Our conversation was serious, though there were laughs aplenty.

There's something to be said for sharing from the heart. The emotions and feelings that can be trusted to a dear friend. Knowing that whatever is said will be taken solemnly. Knowing that prayers will be offered in earnest.

Thanks for taking the time to talk, friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers